Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Indulging

As you can see by my instagram pics, I had and indulgent, diet-fail weekend... But I'm OK with it!

I've gotten to the point where I'm not exactly at my goal, but I feel ok about my body. All I want now is to be more toned and have a little less fat around my tummy area. But I'm ok with taking that slow and still allowing myself to indulge and enjoy myself once in a while because I really feel like I've made a lifestyle change. I'm now a workout ADDICT - when I absolutely hated exercise before... I would do it once in a while just because I knew it was good for me, but now I crave getting in good workouts all the time. And I feel like I always WANT to eat healthy now - not that I ate super unhealthy before, but I do try to still avoid refined carbs almost all of the time. If I do have carbs it will always be whole grains or natural sugars - I feel like this has already become a lifestyle change for me.

So I'm allowing myself to indulge as long as I prepare for it during the weekdays before by working out extra hard and being a little more strict about my diet. When I don't have anything big planned for the weekend, I'll still follow my diet and exercise regularly but won't be as strict about it as when I have big plans that will ruin my diet.

Goals for this week are to have a big salad for lunch every day - my boyfriend and I are going to make a huge batch of salad tonight so we can just grab a tupperware fill it up and fill it up to quickly prepare our lunch. I usually always prepare individual salads the night before which I really don't have time for then I'll end up not bringing a lunch when I don't have time... It's better to just prepare everything in advance so I know I will always have SOMETHING.

Also, I've been storing Trader Joe's instant miso soup packets in my desk at work. Perfect for when I don't have time to pack lunch. I'll have 2 servings of miso soup and some fruit and I'm actually pretty satisfied.

Workout plans for the week!
tonight: Bar Method then 2 hour taiko practice
Tuesday: Bar Method then Core Power Yoga Sculpt after that
Wednesday: Bar Method and either Turbo Kickboxing, Zumba, or some other cardio
Thursday: 1.5 hours of Tae Kwon Do practice after work then 2 hours of Taiko practice immediately after that
Friday: Bar Method and some extra cardio (haven't decided what yet...)
Saturday: early morning cardio and maybe some pilates at home... then BREWERY TOUR! this weekend's indulgence.. lol
Sunday: recovery.... hahaha... if I'm not too tired and have extra time after finishing all my errands for the weekend, I'll throw in an extra workout

I'm really liking my plan. Obviously my overall goal is to be healthier and to have a body I love, but it's nice to also have some short term goals as motivation - if I work extra hard, I allowed to have some fun :) Plus, I feel like if I let myself indulge once in a while, I'm less likely to fail overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment