Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Last night's quick, yummy, and healthy (but ugly) dinner

Monday nights are one of my crazy nights... I'll usually leave work around 6, get home around 6:30 or 6:40, then have and about an hour to cook a quick dinner, eat, change my clothes,  and pack up stuff for the night and the next day before I have to leave for Taiko practice downtown for the night (my boyfriend lives close by my taiko practice, so I pretty much always stay with him Monday nights and need to pack up clothes for work the next day).

I like to always have some quick, partially prepared healthy foods on hand for nights like this (very often...).

For last night's random quick dinner, I needed a really filling meal with lots of protein and complex carbs to get me through the next few hours of working out at taiko practice. I was also pretty hungry from lunch because I only had miso soup and a salad that wasn't very big with vinaigrette and no protein for lunch. So when I got home, I quickly microwaved a whole sweet potato and topped it with a little bit of Smart Balance Light with Flaxseed, salt, pepper, and freshly grated nutmeg. I had that with a veggie burger I pulled out of the freezer and cooked (I found some veggie burgers that were made of veggies and all whole grains!) topped with whole grain mustard, vegetarian bacon, and an over-easy egg. Dinner completely done in less than 10 minutes!

Because veggies are super important for you, I snacked on a leftover veggie plate I put together for a party this weekend with some Trader Joe's Spinach Kale Greek Yogurt Dip while I was cooking. I didn't eat this whole plate though... haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment