Sunday, April 8, 2012

More fish.... My Mom's Grilled Pompano

You may have noticed my last several posts all involved fish. You might think this was all because of Lent, but nope... I just really love fish.

This pompano, however, WAS for a Friday night meal during Lent. This is actually my mom's cooking, but I love it. In the last several months this has become one of my favorite things she makes.



She stuffs whole Pompano (scaled and gutted, of course) with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and green onion then grills it on the barbecue until fish is cooked through and the skin is crispy and lightly charred.

Pompano already a pretty yummy fish, but what really makes this amazing is the dipping sauce my mom makes. I think it might be somewhat of a secret recipe of hers because every time I've asked her what is in it, she doesn't really seem to talk much. And when I tried to make it myself with what she told me, it didn't taste the same :( - it was still good, just not the same as hers. She told me it's a mixture of soy sauce, fresh calamansi juice (Filipino citrus fruit), fish sauce, fresh cilantro, green onions, and chopped tomato.

MMMMMMM I seriously LOVE this fish. I'm craving it now.... Flavorful fish with DELICIOUS crispy skin dipped in that awesome sauce... YUM YUM YUMMMMM I'M SO HUNGRY NOW. I hope she keeps making this often even though Lent is over - or at least REALLY teaches me how to make it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment