Sunday, April 8, 2012

Simple Sole Fish with Beans Baked in Garlic and Wine

Another simple recipe made with things I happened to have in my fridge...

 Sole Fish with Beans

Ingredients:
- whole sole fish, scales and guts removed
- dry white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- several cloves smashed garlic (adjust depending on your taste)
- canned chopped tomatoes
- canned white kidney beans, rinsed
- green beans (I really have no idea what kind of beans I used... I know they're not exactly green beans, but I don't know what they were called... they were frozen from Trader Joe's, in a pack with both green and yellow beans, and are pretty wide sized beans)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Marinate whole fish in wine and several cloves of smashed garlic (I marinated for about an hour).
3. Place whole fish and all of marinade in a deep dish baking pan.
4. Lightly salt and pepper the fish.
5. Arrange the white kidney beans and green beans (or whatever kind of beans they are) around the fish.
6. Arrange canned chopped tomatoes on top of the sole fish.
7. Pour a little more wine into the baking dish so all of the fish and beans are sitting in a shallow pool of wine.
8. Salt and peper the whole dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
9. Bake until the center of the fish flakes easily.
10. Eat! Scoop out a little bit of fish, a little bit of the beans, and a lot of the yummy sauce from the bottom of the dish :)



This was one of those dishes that I surprised myself with. I just made it with things I already had and didn't expect it to taste that amazing, but it was pretty good. I had it with a grilled vegetable salad I had made a few days before - grilled eggplant, grilled zucchinis, grilled bell peppers, grilled tomatoes, lots of chopped fresh parsley and mint, a little fresh cilantro and oregano, red chili flakes, lemon juice, and olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment