Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Quick Dinner

So this kind of goes along with my last post... Meals I prepare when I have no time...

For those of you who know me, you know that I have a 30 minute commute north of my house to work every day . Yes, it is a little bit of a long drive but it's manageable. But I've recently taken up becoming a member-in-training for San Diego Taiko (we have a our mod-year review next week and our final audition will be around November!! Wish me luck!). I have Taiko practices 2-3 times a week 30 min SOUTH of my house... If I drive down there directly from work during rush hour, this can sometimes take me an hour and a half to drive... Luckily practices are a little later and I usually have time to make a quick stop at home (which is right in the middle of the drive) to eat and wait out some traffic. I'll usually have only from 30 minutes to 1 hour at home to eat, change, then leave for practice, leaving me with little time to make something filling and healthy.

I had practice on Monday night so I pretty quickly made an open-faced turkey burger on whole wheat! I happened to have frozen turkey burgers to throw on the grill - perfect because you can throw them on the grill and gave me some nice protein so I could last through my practice and workout. I went for an open-faced sandwich so that's one less slice of bread and less carbs - plus it's always prettier to eat with a knife and fork =P . I spread on a nice, thick layer of garlic kalamata olive spread (from Hani's Mediterranean market and a variation of the garlic chili spread I normally buy), threw on some mixed baby lettuce, and topped with the grilled turkey burger. A satisfying, filling, low-carb, and yummy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment