Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Drink Up!



I've never been the type of person who struggled to drink enough water, but I've started carrying around a giant 1.5 L water bottle with me to make sure I'm drinking enough. I'm pretty tiny, so this 1.5L bottle I make sure I drink at work plus the 2-3 glasses I normally drink with breakfast and dinner and all of the herbal/decaf teas I drink at work already meets my water requirement (you can calculate how much water your body needs here http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm). I know I definitely get much more than enough because I can comfortably go through two of this size bottle while just at work. Right now, it's around noon and I am just eating my lunch and have already re-filled the bottle.

I know a lot of people struggle to drink water because they hate drinking things with no flavor, but drinking a lot of water is really one of the best things you can do for your health and weight loss! When I was in high school, I stopped drinking soda / sugary drinks and replaced them with water just because I hated the way my teeth felt after I drank it and I lost some weight without even trying! Plus a lot of times when we think we're hungry, our bodies are really just thirsty. Try drinking some water before you stuff your face! Also, when I was in college I was sick for about two weeks and it was the only time in my life that I've lost my voice - at the worst time too because I had to sing and dance and talk in a ridiculously high pitched voice for a performance (I was Little Sally in Urinetown).... But randomly just a few nights before the show, I was at rehearsal practicing and I decided to fill up on of these 1.5L bottles FIVE TIMES and drank all of it just in that night (we were also dancing/exercising and sweating, so I'm sure this is much more than most people would need), but when I woke up the next morning my voice came back! And I VERY QUICKLY and completely recovered over the next few days just in time for the show :) A little story to prove that your body NEEDS water!!

Here are some pics of me as Little Sally in Urinetown a few years ago (in the pink dress and pigtails hahahaha)




No comments:

Post a Comment