Saturday, January 18, 2014

Can't sleep... Ramblings

Exciting news!!!! I finally have my 24 hour fitness membership again!!!!!!!!

Rommel and I stopped by Costco after work to pick up their 24 hour fitness deal. It's 2 years for $370. Comes out to a little over $15 per month - a GREAT deal as long as you can pay up front.

24 Hour Fitness 2-year ALL-CLUB SPORT Membership Certificate

There is also a super sport level membership available through Costco for $650 which is a good deal if there is one close to you. We didn't go for that because my fav 24 hour fitness is half a mile away from where I live - it's only an active level gym but it has THE BEST and most high energy group classes compared to all of the 24 hour fitnesses in all of San Diego, in my opinion.

Anyways, we went home, changed, I made some iced green tea to give me a little energy boost to workout, we walked to 24 hour fitness, activated our membership, and got in a good workout to end the week on a good note!

By the way.... I've used this Costco 24 hour fitness deal before. Both Rommel and I have. Mine expired a year ago and Rommel's expired 2 weeks ago. When you purchase the Costco deal, the fine print says it's for new members only and you can't use it if you've used a Costco deal in the past. But we had no issues at all. I'm not sure if it was because we went in to activate kind of late on a Friday night or if the guy was just really cool or maybe he just thought we were awesome (we are lol).

Anyways.... I should've known not to drink any tea at 8pm.... I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine... That plus the late night workout now has me wide awake past 2am....

I have a busy day tomorrow, so I prepped some food for our lunch to throw in the slow cooker in the morning. We will be having a red coconut curry with salmon, kabocha squash, lentils, kale, peas, bell pepper, ginger, onion, garlic, and cilantro on top of brown rice.

Quick-cooking steel cut oats, almond milk, almonds, dried cherries, dried apricots, ground flax,
psyllium husk, chia seeds, and banana set out and ready to go for our oatmeal tomorrow morning.
I also set everything out to make a quick, yummy oatmeal as soon as I wake up. I want to wake up with up some energy and get a run in before I start the rest of my day.

Relax....
I took a bath in attempt to relax me and get to sleep. I LOVE Bath & Body works eucalyptus spearmint stress relief aromatherapy scent, so I used their bubble bath. Now I'm at my computer with the matching scented candle and a cup of tea with lavender, chamomile, valerian root, and other calming herbs that I'm hoping will knock me out soon...


Random: this is another fav candle scent... from their holiday collection.... smells like
leather and smoke and sandalwood... mmmm.... pretty much smells like a man - in a good way

No comments:

Post a Comment