Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Crunchy TV snack: roasted garbanzo beans

Last night there was FINALLY a new episode of How I Met Your Mother. Have to say it was a pretty awesome episode. I was cracking up.

I got home late yesterday and Rommel had homework he needed to finish up, so I'm so glad we have DVR. I would've hated to miss this episode. We have been waiting for a while for the next slapsgiving episode.



I made these crunchy roasted garbanzo beans for our TV-watching snack. Rommel loves to snack on salty, crunchy things, so these are perfect for him. Baked instead of fried and full of protein and nutrients.

I seasoned ours with chipotle chili powder, paprika, Trader Joe's South African Smoke Seasoning, and homemade bacon salt. YES, BACON SALT.

There are recipes all over the place online, but they all say different temperatures and different baking times. I'm still playing around with temperatures and times to figure out what, to me, makes the most perfect crispy roasted garbanzo bean.



One trick I've noticed is to make sure they are completely cooled before you start snacking on them. They will be a lot more crunchy cooled than if they are warm.

I'm pretty sure Rommel ate about a fourth of them to "check to make sure they were ok," before they were even ready to be eaten... haha... boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment