Thursday, January 9, 2014

San Diego SUPER CHARGERS!!

Anyone from San Diego knows what I'm singing in my head right now :)

Chargers beat the Bengals on Sunday and are advancing in the playoffs!

I usually only really enjoy live games and don't really keep up with sports on TV - I used to but I honestly just don't have the time anymore - but when the Chargers surprise you by making it into playoffs (a rare occasion), time set aside for football is necessary.

Rommel and I stayed home to watch the game with a veggie platter of cucumber, celery, bell peppers, and guacamole.


My fav guac is simple - just avocados, lime, salt, and a little bit of garlic grated on a microplane. It's perfect and really highlights the avocado. I hate when people add tomatoes, onions, cilantro, etc to guacamole - I feel like it completely takes away from the deliciousness that is avocado. In my opinion, the worst addition some people add? Sour cream... Barf. Why would you ruin avocado like that?

This weekend I will be in Vegas with family - this week I have been working out hard and eating well to make up in advance for the indulgences this weekend! My Sunday plan is run (if I can wake up early enough), indulge at an early champagne brunch at Bacchanal Buffet (seriously the best buffet), then spend the rest of the morning at a sports book. My brother plays college football and is a huge Chargers fan, so I'm pretty sure he is excited to sit and watch the game, drink, and gamble at an awesome Vegas sport sbook. I normally hate gambling, but maybe if I have enough mimosas I'll join in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment